From program managers to professors and postdocs, SilkRoad Recruiting helps Van Andel Institute attract the best and the brightest.
“Brand reputation is everything in our field. We’re showing top talent who we are and why they should work here. SilkRoad Recruiting helps us convey that positive image to elite talent.”
- A single state-of-the-art recruitment system—easy to use and administer.
- Heightened visibility and competitive advantage for Van Andel Institute’s employment brand.
- Reduced cost and time savings for managers and the talent acquisition team.
- Swap out an outdated, expensive recruitment system.
- Provide user-friendly software that Van Andel Institute’s managers would readily adopt.
- Create a strong employment brand via a branded Web portal.
- Enable the recruitment team to update the Institute’s career site easily.
- Decrease spending on recruitment software.
Meeting the Demand for Scientific Talent and Growth
A leading-edge life sciences organization, Van Andel Institute seeks to improve the health and enhance the lives of generations to come through disease research and education. Talent acquisition in the industry is highly competitive, as the world’s foremost universities and private institutions vie for superstar candidates.
Despite its state-of-the-art research facility, Van Andel Institute struggled with an expensive, outdated applicant tracking system. Hiring managers avoided it, because the user interface was poorly designed. Recruiters couldn’t easily post open positions on the career portal, so they relied on outside resources–even to make minor updates to the site.
The recruitment team recognized that the Institute’s online employment brand should be more attractive to A-list applicants. They also wanted agile processes for pre-qualifying, tracking, and hiring candidates. In sum, Van Andel Institute sought a recruitment solution that would mirror its culture of excellence and the expertise of its skilled workforce.
The Gains: Maximum Flexibility, Ease of Use
After a thorough evaluation process, Van Andel Institute made a decision: Replace the outdated software with SilkRoad’s recruitment management and applicant tracking system. Using SilkRoad Recruiting, Van Andel Institute has been able to:
- Create a single, branded portal that attracts and engages top talent.
- Gain greater flexibility in posting open positions on the Web.
- Get a clear picture of applicants and candidates via SilkRoad’s dashboards.
- Reduce effort and cost.