Engagement equals 90% of all onboarding success
Engagement Requires Flexibility, Adaptability, Scalability
What’s wrong with one-size-fits-all? Well most workforces are not all the same. A modern workforce consists of a range of job roles, levels of experience, leadership, and status. Not to workers being in many locations or remote, full time, part time, interns, contractors and more. Multi-national organizations must hire and onboard in regions with multiple languages, compliance requirements, and work agreements. An onboarding system should be able to easily adapt to all of these workforce categories. Being able to refine workflow based on these categories means that your onboarding engages talent at every level.
- New Hire Engagement is an essential component of a truly strategic onboarding approach
- Engagement consists of meaningful connection between the new hires and their role, teams, and the organizational culture as a whole – how people get work done in your organization
- Engagement must involve manager level in new hire experience but also provide visibility to managers into the onboarding process
Engagement Adapts to Your Unique Workforce Characteristics
- Does the onboarding technology vendor offer the ability to tailor workflow and content by employee title, type, role, location, experience level?
- Can the onboarding system deliver a unique and highly personalized experience for every employee based on those characteristics (title, type, role, location, experience level).
- Will the system be able to involve and engage your managers in the new hire process (connecting the new hire to direct manager or to a mentor)? Manager engagement will make or break the new hire experience.
Engagement Starts Early with Offer Letters
- Look for onboarding solutions that start from “yes!” with an automated integration with your ATS
- Look for onboarding solutions that include a way to personalize and deliver offer letters quickly and easily
- Can the vendor automate the creation, delivery, and management of new hire offer letters at enterprise scale?
- Will the offer letter allow personalization with dynamic and engaging offers
- Will it automate administrative tasks – approvals, revisions, etc.