New SilkRoad Research: Organizations With Paperwork-Focused Onboarding Still Face Challenges with Culture Transfer
Chicago – (July 24, 2018) – SilkRoad (www.silkroad.com), a global leader in strategic enterprise onboarding and talent activation to drive business outcomes, today released a new report, The When, Why and How of Onboarding for Results, detailing the results of a survey completed in conjunction with Human Capital Media Research and Advisory Group — the research arm of Chief Learning Officer. Survey respondents were asked about their organizations’ onboarding practices to identify key processes and outcomes for end-to-end onboarding. Among the report’s key findings:
- Most organizations have a specific process for onboarding managers (both new hires and internal promotions), which frequently involves introductions to the organizational strategy.
- Video is frequently used both for onboarding new managers and onboarding at scale.
- Transmitting culture is both a top goal for onboarding new managers and the top challenge for onboarding at scale.
- 46 percent of organizations have a preboarding process; the top goals of preboarding are to decrease time to complete paperwork (64 percent) and increase productivity (57 percent).
- 57 percent of organizations have an offboarding process. While nearly all organizations use exit interviews in offboarding (91 percent), organizational goals for offboarding are more centered around improving the employer brand (62 percent), compared to goals of preboarding.
“Companies should include four key pillars in their strategic onboarding programs: provide early career support, create networks, provide strategy immersion and direction, and enable cultural mastery,” said Lilith Christiansen, VP of Onboarding Solutions at SilkRoad. “This research shows organizations are beginning to adopt some elements of strategic onboarding for new hires and internal promotions, but there is still substantial room for growth in engagement and culture transfer. These two critical areas can boost employee longevity and reduce turnover. For organizations to experience maximum success and reap the benefits of strategic onboarding, they’ll need to continue to build and refine their onboarding programs.”
Visit https://hr1.silkroad.com/when-why-how-onboarding to download the full report.
SilkRoad is the world’s leader in strategic onboarding for talent activation, helping organizations win the war of retention by engaging people with personalized world-class onboarding to keep talent engaged and connected to business goals throughout their employment journeys. SilkRoad has helped thousands of companies around the world create highly scalable personalized experiences that activate and retain people.
For more information, visit www.silkroad.com, follow on Twitter @SilkRoadTweets or call 866–329–3363 (U.S. toll free) or +1–312–574–3700.
Nick Olsen, +1-312.432.9407
Share this News: