The Consumerization of HR Technology: Better Outcomes by Putting Employees First
As HR leaders look to 2017 and beyond, a key question has emerged: how can HR teams and their organizations better enable their workforce to provide a substantial competitive business advantage?
Many believe HR technology should be that enabler, but traditional talent management technologies focus on automating HR functions, often ignoring the most important “consumer,” employees. To keep pace with today’s self-service and mobile employees, organizations need more than process automation, instead opting for an employee-first mentality, internally and externally.
A shift to employee-centric activation solutions
Deloitte research shows that companies wanting to simplify and improve the employee experience have extended their recruitment products via social media and made HR software much more focused on employee needs.
Applying employee-focused HR technology offers major strategic advantages by creating a workforce of “activated employees,” and puts them at the forefront by:
- Catering to how and when each employee wants to work; on what device(s), etc.
- Delivering innovative technology that meets the professional development of employees
- Creating a social, mobile and consumer-oriented experience for employees inside the company
- Enabling organizations to engage employees at the most opportune time
Activating employees through a continuum of experiences
Traditional employee engagement often consists of a series of disconnected individual touchpoints that don’t directly align to strategic outcomes. Instead, talent activation transforms traditional talent management into a measurable continuum of experiences that:
- Integrates employees from the start: Maximize socialization during onboarding so new hires feel more connected to the culture, motivated to perform and eager to contribute
- Moves beyond simple sourcing and onboarding: Create a journey prioritizing experiences and introducing opportunities to engage and activate toward measurable outcomes through continuous learning and mentoring
- Maintains the momentum: Leverage continuous learning and development models that begin on day one and continue throughout the employee lifecycle
- Ties work to business objectives: Offer development goals that directly tie to those of the organization to help employees feel connected to the bottom line while building their career
Enhanced outcomes through employee activation
By prioritizing the employee when considering HR technology solutions, businesses can better source and retain top talent and maximize contributions that boost the bottom line. Leveraging employee-focused HR solutions can connect the dots between employees and business outcomes, ensuring those desired outcomes guide the empowerment, performance, feedback and progression of employees.
Share this Post: