The employee onboarding portal engages new employees with a company's culture and brand message as early as possible after hiring. Many employers connect new hires with the portal immediately after the offer to provide an immediate and warm welcome. As the first vendor to provide an onboarding solution called RedCarpet, SilkRoad offers deep expertise on creating a best-practice onboarding portal. Here are 4 tips to consider in designing a portal program that welcomes, activates and sustains a new hire.
- Connect your new hire before day one (accepting the offer doesn’t mean they’ll show up)
- Go paperless—complete forms through the portal and turn day one into a productive day
- Create visual appeal with a clear message on culture, values and mission
- Provide self-service learning from day one to truly engage new hires
- Offer socialization and mentor opportunities immediately to demonstrate commitment