Advances in automated applicant tracking systems (ATS) and the entry of the Web have changed the sourcing picture.
With the right tools in hand, professionals can pinpoint exactly where applicants and hires originate—whether a job board, a search engine, a print ad, or a referral.
Automation can have a big impact in all these areas.
From beginning to end in the recruiting process, technology can improve recruiting effectiveness and control costs. An automated recruiting solution can streamline processes, strengthen candidate engagement, and improve internal communications.
- Automated candidate management helps build engagement and a positive experience with notifications that let candidates know where they stand at each step in the process
- Scheduling tools help ensure that appointments are kept by interviewers and interviewees
- Metrics from applicant tracking systems also can be used to help identify the most cost-effective sources of hire.
- Some solutions also help improve quality of hire with features like automatic identification of “hot” recruits for the position.
An effective corporate career portal or recruiting website is essential.
- In a recent survey of job seekers, “company web sites” were shown to be the top source for job seekers (67%) and the majority (53%) say that web-based recruiting technology would positively affect their impression of a company.
- By providing a unified brand image that reflects culture, plus more detailed job descriptions on the site, the company’s web site can help the potential recruit decide whether he or she is the right fit for the organization and the job.