Secure Online Learning Software Delivers Training Data Security
The SilkRoad Life Suite is designed for the highest levels of reliability, scalability and security. We have taken great care in designing our hosting environment, selecting the applications, and building our infrastructure.
- Two secure data centers in top-tier hosting facilities
- 24–hour security cameras monitor activity throughout the facility
Access to your Life Suite application(s) is ultimately controlled by you, the customer. Our implementation staff will work with your IT and HR departments to ensure compatibility to your standards.
- Encryption - We use encryption in various locations and methodologies throughout Life Suite and the infrastructure working behind it. For customers, the most noticeable encryption function is the use of SSL to ensure that data traveling from the customer’s browser to SilkRoad’s internal servers is fully encrypted
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer) – This technology protects information using both server authentication and data encryption to help ensure that data is safe, secure, and available.
- Password Complexity – The Life Suite comes with built-in password complexity rules that are completely configurable; making both your IT departmen and your employees confident that their HR information is protected.
- Session Timeouts – SilkRoad will time out user sessions if the application is left inactive for 30 minutes
SilkRoad provides best-in-class protection through its hardware, software, and operations management. Our infrastructure is composed of components supplied by the top-rated companies in the world; including Cisco®, Dell®, F5®, NetApp®, and Symantec™. As with the physical security layer, the infrastructure is designed to provide the highest levels of system confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Intrusion Prevention Software (IPS) - This is used to perform deep-packet inspection of all incoming traffic, not only to provide warnings of potential viruses, worms, or Trojan horses, but to automatically delete them.
- Load Balancer – SilkRoad uses F5®, widely acknowledged as the industry leader in load balancing technology, to handle the tasks of distributing incoming requests among multiple web servers to ensure the highest levels of security and performance.
Storage, Monitoring and Redundancy
- Data Storage – Customer data is stored on SilkRoad’s Storage Area Network (SAN). Each customer has its own database that is 100% isolated from other customer’s data. The SAN is configured to ensure the highest levels of speed and reliability.
- System Monitoring – We monitor the applications, servers, and network on several levels, using different, overlapping technologies to ensure that the systems are operating smoothly at all times.
- System Redundancy – Even when provided by the most reliable of suppliers, individual components can fail. As rare as these occurrences may be, they are the most common concerns that must be eliminated by a Software-As-A-Service company whose customers rely on 99.9% uptime. To ensure that no single device can cripple the system, redundancy exists at every level within the network. Hot backups are utilized at every point, and are ready for immediate fail-over if there were any problems with the router, firewalls, switches, intrusion prevention devices, load balancers, or servers. The goal of our infrastructure design is to completely eliminate any single point of failure.
SilkRoad has developed a comprehensive set of security measures and practices to keep the customers data protected and safe. Our integration infrastructure is built around user efficiency, and getting the right data to the right people. To ensure the highest levels of security to our customers, we have undergone annual SAS 70 Type II audits, having successfully completed these important evaluations each year. We will continue to perform these annual audits, including the SAS 70 replacement, SSAE-16, a security audit based upon the COSO framework. Our goal is to provide a first rate application environment, and an unprecedented user experience for their customers.