SilkRoad technology Reveals Recruiting Source Effectiveness in New ReportHard Data Uncovers Top Sources of Interview and Hire, Provides Talent Acquisition Professionals with Recruitment Marketing Strategy
SilkRoad technology, inc., a leading provider of social talent management solutions, today released its applicant tracking data that revealed the top sources of hire in a report, Recruiting Marketing Effectiveness: Meaningful Metrics Straight from the Source. Using automated data from SilkRoad’s OpenHire, its applicant tracking system (ATS), SilkRoad aggregated information from more than 700 of its customers.
“The goal of this research is to help companies reveal new ways for their Organizations to better optimize recruitment advertising budgets, and discover new sources of hire that other companies are successfully utilizing,” said Thomas Boyle, director of product marketing, SilkRoad technology. “The information in this report will aid HR in becoming more savvy and strategic in its recruitment marketing.”
With millions of dollars in job advertising spend annually, talent acquisition professionals need access to factual information on the most effective sources of recruitment marketing to build strategies that will attract top talent and convert it into hires. This report provides insights into how forward-looking organizations focused on attracting the right candidates can strategically spend recruitment dollars to maximize return on investment. In Recruiting Marketing Effectiveness: Meaningful Metrics Straight from the Source, the most significant findings were:
- Of external sources, 94 percent of interviews and 86 percent of hires came from online sources
- External and internal sources result in about the same share of interviews (43.5 and 46.7 percent, respectively)
- 63 percent of hires came from internal sources, which were more than twice the share of external sources (27 percent)
- 15.6 percent of interviews and 11.6 percent of hires, among internal and external online sources, come from company career sites
- 36 percent of all external interviews and almost 34 percent of all external hires came from job search engines, proving far more effective than job boards
- Indeed is the leading external source of hires, providing 72 percent more hires than the next largest source.
- In six of seven job categories, internal sources were more likely than others to deliver the largest share of both interviews and hires in every sector (Healthcare, Financial Services, Customer Service, Administrative Services, Sales, Engineering and IT)
Combined, the data in the report gave insight into 222,308 job postings, 9.3 million applicants and 94,155 hires during the year of 2011. To learn more about the top 10 online recruitment marketing sources, download the full report here.
<< Return to Press Releases